Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's astounding.

If you read the heading of this post and said to yourself "time is fleeting" then congratulations, you have passed my test. If not then you need to go here and do some homework and please return when you know how to do the timewarp and can at least name half the cast of The Rocky Horror picture show.

For the die hard fans of Rocky horror picture show, it is with great pride that I introduce you to my first RHPS amigurumi and it could be no other than
Dr. Frank-N-Furter.

How sweet is my sweet transvestite?

This project is right up my alley because it gives me an opportunity to use up some fun fur that I had bought but never used.

Let me tell you something about fun fur before I continue. Do not let the name fool you. Sure it seems fun to use this yarn because of the wacky colours and odd ball idea of crocheting with fur but just wait until you drop a stitch and then all hell breaks loose. The only thing that you can really do to find your loop is to undo all your work and start over again. You buy the stuff because it is probably discounted to a third of the original price but once you take it home and get started, you soon realize why it was discounted in the first place. I have a few balls of yarn that were bordering on expensive and I saved for just the right pattern and when the time came, the yarn just did not want to do what I wanted it to so I end up with a all this beautiful yarn that really, I can't to a thing with. Luckily, this RHPS project is just the thing to use up my fury, glittery, sparkly and down right gaudy yarns that never amounted to much. Take the fun fur of Franky's hair for example. I have started so many projects with this yarn which just got tangled and frayed and ended up being trashed but on Franky, it is a match made in heaven.I have an aubergine mohairy yarn perfect for Magenta's hair and a uber sparkly colur for Columbia's hat and bodice.

This project is so much fun that if I have enough time then I was toying with the idea of making a Rocky as well. For now though, Magenta is already in the making and hopefully it will not be long till I get to blog about her too. I have to go as my fingers are just itching to get back to my crocheting so for now....Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment